Friday, April 5, 2013

Secret Garden

Today I am sharing a card I made for swap group I am part of.  Each month we are given a different technique or color combo.  This month we were given a technique.  Fussy cutting.  I have a love/hate relationship with this technique.  I love the effect, but it is tedious.  I find that I use it less and less thanks to all the wonderful framelit dies and punches that Stampin' Up! offers.  Anything to make my life easier :)

I used the Secret Garden set and coordinating framelit dies in the Spring mini.

A double bow was made with Soft Suede ribbon.  It was my first attempt.  I made several and this is as good as it got.  I need some more practice.  I took the large flower image and stamped it on several patterns of DSP that coordinates with this set.  I then cut the various layers of the flower and glued them using 2-way glue.  The leaf was cut out with the coordinating framelit.  The middle flower was popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals.  My tip for paper piecing/fussy cutting, a really good pair of fine tipped scissors.



No comments:

Post a Comment