Friday, January 4, 2013

December Card Class

If you follow along with me, then you know that every month I teach a card class.  I really need to get away from calling it a card class.  We are beginning to do other things than just cards.  Anywho, last month we made 2 cards and here is photo:






In November, the group decided on Birthday cards, since we never have enough.   I wanted my main stamp set to be the "Owl Occasions" set from the Holiday mini.  It was a great set since it can be used for Christmas, Birthday, and if paired with "Wicked Cool" from the main catalog, I see it as a Halloween set too.  Versatile.  My fav!

The card on the right uses "Memorable Moments" from the main catalog for the sentiment.  I love that set since it is mostly numbers, a beautiful font, and has a frame to match the "Labels Collection Framelits."  I used the Stampin' Write markers for the owl.  The leaves were stamped once in Always Artichoke and stamped a second time using the stamping off technique for the lighter shade.  Beautiful result.  For the balloon, I stamped once on the very vanilla card stock and again (after reinking) on a scrap piece.  I cut out the circle and popped up the balloon with a Stampin' Dimensional.  The card base was made with Always Artichoke.

For the card on the left, I cut several layers with the Labels Collection Framelits.  I popped up the whisper white layer with Stampin' Dimensionals and placed a piece of Raspberry Ripple ribbon under it.  We used Rose Red cardstock but the Raspberry Ripple ribbon matches almost perfectly!  The base was made with Not Quite Navy.  The larges framelit is made from River Rock.  I used the "Color Coach" for my color scheme on this card.  That is a great tool when you are not sure where you want your colors to go.  It's on page 151 of the main catalog.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment